ANSLEY PARK HISTORY
First developed in 1904, Ansley Park was the dream of Edwin P. Ansley who along with several prominent businessmen of the time, purchased a large plot of land north of the city from longtime owner George Washington Collier. Ansley envisioned a new motorcar-oriented suburb of wide winding streets and green parks designed to attract Atlanta's wealthiest and most prestigious families. In fact, Ansley Park was home to Georgia's Governor's mansion for many decades.
Ansley's vision of a gracious, harmonious neighborhood that would be an oasis in the midst of the bustling city of Atlanta lives on today, in great part thanks to the efforts of the Ansley Park Civic Association. Since the 1960's, the Association has been an active force in maintaining the neighborhood's integrity and sense of community.
These ads for Ansley Park appeared in the AJC many times from 1904-1908 during the development of Ansley Park. The neighborhood was the first subdivision designed with cars in mind. Famous Atlanta families like the Adairs, Winships, Inmans, Ansleys, and Candlers called the neighborhood home.
Ansley Park History and Preservation Committee (Members Only Access)
Documenting a Historical Property (Members Only Access)
Ansley Park National Historical Register Application Documents (Members Only Access)
Neighborhood History Initiative (Members Only Access)
Homes in Ansley Park - Then and Now (Members Only Access)
Ansley Park Civic Association | PO Box 570119 | Atlanta, GA 30357 - Contact Us